I try my very hardest to save money wherever I can and when it goes wrong I take it quite badly, this month has been a rum one as my old Grandad would have said. What on earth’s going on!
Listen to this catalogue of disasters …
- Firstly I dropped £10 out of my pocket before I got in the car and just drove away. My hubby saw out the window and straight away someone picked it up and wandered off smiling. Gutted. Money needs securing and respecting!
- I just paid my car insurance that was due. For some reason (busy, tired, side-tracked, whatever!) I didn’t go online to compare car insurance I just continued with the policy I had. What a wasted opportunity to reduce costs.
- I bought 3 things off Groupon because they looked such amazing deals. They were cheap but I didn’t actually need any of them. Don’t get seduced by a bargain!
- My friend’s daughter’s birthday caught me unaware and I had to pay for first class post, a store bought rather than lovingly made card and a gift slightly out my price range. I need to be more organized and forward plan, particularly around birthdays!
- Lastly and perhaps the worst yet. I foolishly left a cup of cold coffee on my desk. My little boy used my computer and the coffee poured onto a big pile of books in a bag on the floor. At least £100 worth of books has been wrecked. Such a shame. I need to be more careful where I put things!
I do hope you have not had as many budget fails as me this month. At least if we catch them though maybe we can prevent them in the future!