This is the easiest banana bread recipe in the whole world. Bananas are so good for you it’s definitely a recipe for a superhero! This is a really good way to use it up over ripe bananas.
Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4
You will need:
- I big egg
- 50g of butter (left out of the fridge for a bit to soften)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 200g plain flour
- 200g castor sugar
- I teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 .5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- I greased, small loaf tin
- Mash bananas.
- Put everything else in the bowl with bananas and mix really well.
- Pop in loaf tin and into oven
- When a skewer comes out clean you are done, (about 50 minutes)
How easy is that? Kids can do most of it and it tastes, looks and smells delicious!
This recipe is from my new ebook: Frugal and Fun. Enjoying the school holidays the thrifty way ….
You don’t need to be bored or skint this summer! Your 5-10?s will love these activities and so will you. It could be the best £4 you spend this summer!