Everything has to be done pretty quickly when you are a parent doesn’t it and money saving plans can feel like long winded chores that such up your time. But they really don’t have too. here is my list of quick money saving tips.
I hope you find the time to give a few ago.
1. Look in old handbags and coats pockets to see if you have left any money lying around. If you have pop it in an envelope for a rainy day. You may well be glad of this even if it is just parking change! (10 minutes)
2. Check the back of the sofa you will always find something of value (2 minutes)
3. Meal plan your week and buy accordingly (takes 10 minutes, saves £’s)
4. Check out VouchaCodes.co.uk for their latest vouchers to save you money on purchases. Voucher codes take moments to source but can lead to big savings (10 minutes)
5. Have water bottles for the kids and yourself and use them all the time! Coffee and juice at home is MUCH cheaper than take outs (0 time)
6. Make a packed lunch (5 minutes)
7. Browse a quick news website rather than buying a paper (5 minutes)
8. Set the kids up with paper and felt tips and pay then 10p for every card they make…will save you a fortune over the year in greeting cards and they will have a ball ‘earning’ from you (you get to put your feet up so no time involved for you!)
9. Learn a great lemon shortbread recipe and grow sweetpeas, both make perfect, inexpensive gifts (These may take little while but well worth it, both make your home smell amazing)
10. Have quick google of ‘best leftover recipes ‘ and collate a few of your favourite. These are brilliant for preventing waste and saving money (15 minutes)