When I was a child I have to say I was pretty uncoordinated and always in a mad rush to learn everything.
These two attribute combined to cause lots of bumps, bruises and scrapes, particularly when it came to learning to ride my bike. Oh it seemed to take me forever and a day to learn to stay on that bike! Much longer than any of my friends. There were many tears and a lot of plasters and antiseptic cream involved.
My knees have never quite recovered and a few little scars remain! And I am still pretty rubbish on a bike. (That’s me in the glasses)
Bumps and scrapes and minor injuries seem to go hand in hand with adventurous kids.
Mum always mopped up my tears with lots of cuddles and a bit of basic first aid. She always washed my scrapes with warm water then applied Germolene. How I love the smell of Germolene it always reminds me of my mum.
Germolene Antiseptic Cream helps to treat minor cuts and prevent infection. as well minor burns, scalds, blisters, stings and insect bites, spots and chapped or rough skin (so very hand to have instock if you have kids!) The cream is dual action..it has antiseptic properties for the disinfection of skin and local anaesthetic action for the relief of pain. The cream base helps to soften the skin and soothe irritation. It costs just £1.79 (RRP) for a 30g tube and £2.99 (RRP) for a 55g tube so a really inexpensive but invaluable addition to your parent protection kit! (always read the label!)
Mum was absolutely fine about my bike (and roller skate) escapades though despite the tears. She really believed, as do I, that kids learn best through playing, about balance, co-ordination, timing, social skills and so much more. Minor scrapes are part of childhood and we all have a tale to tell!
I make sure my kids are safe with knee pads, bike hat and padded clothing and that know the basic rules of safety but I don’t stop them climbing tresses or riding their bikes down hills. I think it is important of course they are safe but we can’t wrap them up in cotton wool. I just make sure I have a good supply of cuddles, antiseptic cream and plasters!
Competition to win a family day out at Go Ape
To celebrate play we have been provided with the most amazing price to give away. The competition is promoted by Pegasus Bayer is providing the prizes on behalf of Germolene.
The prize will be a family trip (2 adults and 2 children) to Go Ape, at the winner’s choice of Go Ape venue. The prize will include lunch for 2 adults and 2 children at a restaurant of the winner’s choice. How fabulous does that sound!
All you have to do to win a family day out at Go Ape is share your scar story in the comments below and you will be in with a chance of winning this fabulous prize.
Closing date April April 7th at Midnight.
Terms and conditions
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted as a comment on the blog post or via the bloggers given email address. Entrants should include their own name and relevant contact information i.e. email address.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Bayer to feature any or all of the submitted story in consumer press and Bayer company publications, on their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
6. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
7. The winning entry will be chosen by Pegasus. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
8. Offensive or entries deemed by the competition organisers to be inappropriate will not be accepted.
9. The winning entry will win: a family trip (2 adults and 2 children) to Go Ape, at the winner’s choice of Go Ape venue. The prize will include lunch for 2 adults and 2 children at a restaurant of the winner’s choice. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
10. Events may occur that render the competition itself, or the awarding of the prize, impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
11. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Germolene has not influenced the content of this piece