Three mobile have undertaken a survey of 3,000 mums across the UK and found that they are avid internet users, with a third (28 per cent) going online for at least an hour a day. As well as looking for parenting advice and activities for their children, the top online activities are email, online banking, staying in-touch with friends on Facebook, looking for money saving tips and vouchers, as well as reading the news. They also found out:
• Half (48 per cent) of mums go online late at night to catch up on things
they don’t have the time to during the day
• 82 per cent of mums have less than an hour of ‘me time’ a day
• A third of mums (33 per cent) get less than six hours sleep a night
• Mums can save 135 hours a year by having access to the internet while out and about
I can honestly relate to ALL the above.
Three is on a mission to help the time starved mums of the UK and have created a one-stop-shop on its Facebook page featuring a whole host of tips and tricks, entertainment, advice and fabulous competitions with money-can’t-buy prizes, all especially created with mums in mind.
Head to www.facebook.com/threeuk to check it out. There is:
• An ‘apps for mums’ guide, detailing the best apps for mums on the go
• A competition to find Britain’s Busiest Mum, grand prize is a mobile makeover and an all expenses paid family holiday to the Caribbean
• Tips from resident mummy blogger and app expert Jen Leo