As part of the Back to School #TipsAndTricks campaign for M&S Kids I was asked to come up with my top five tips for easing into the school routine.
Hmm..I have been doing the school run for 6 years now I must have learned a few things (you would think!) It can, admittedly, still be a bit of a mad last dash but I have learned a few tricks along the way.
I hope they help!
1. Get up before the kids so you have time for a coffee and to write your to do list. You need the space to think through what needs to be done and wake up in peace!
2. Have a clear routine. In my house it is breakfast, teeth, get dressed, hair, shoes collect bags and we always stick to that order.
3. Wake your kids at the same time each day so you and they have enough time to get ready. What I have learned though is that if you give them too much time they start playing and get distracted. We need 1 hour no more no less!
4. Regular bedtimes on school nights help a lot with easing into the school routine, you want your kids wide awake and keen for school not tired and whingy.
5. Keep on top of your laundry! Not having any school socks left is really stressful. Have a specific day to wash so you know you have enough uniform for the week.
Oh I could go on and on. Basically being prepared, organised, in a routine and awake before your kids are my key tips!
I would love to hear what you think, how do you ease into the school routine?
Also please note there is a 20% off schoolwear promo that runs until the 14th of July!!