How are your weekends?
New research from Allianz Your Cover Insurance has found that half of Brits (50%) rate their weekends as average and nearly a fifth (18%) say their typical weekend is boring. Allianz Your Cover Insurance has launched its Great British Weekend campaign2 to overcome weekend boredom by urging everyone to get out and about to make the most of their weekends.
Andy James of Allianz Your Cover said: “We want to instil a renewed sense of adventure in Britons’ weekends and encourage us all to make the most of what Britain has to offer. We are a nation that is known for ‘living for the weekend’ however it turns out that when it gets to the weekend most Brits are wasting it. We are launching our Great British Weekend campaign to highlight the potential fun there is to have at the weekend by uncovering new places or having new experiences.”
The research showed:
- Those aged 55+ are most likely to be enjoying the year ahead with an average of five day trips planned
- The majority (91%) of Brits use their cars to go away at the weekend but are only prepared to travel an average of 58 miles
- Older generations have the most adventurous spirit as they are willing to drive the furthest for a day trip and weekend away.
Photot credit: Karen Roe
For help when out and about in their cars, Brits can download the Allianz Your Cover Find & Drive Smartphone app which helps locate essential services when on the move. You can join the Allianz Your Cover Insurance Great British Weekends campaign by joining their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/YourCoverUK or by following them on Twitter @YourCoverUK. where they are also running a competition for two lucky Twitter followers to win an annual family National Trust membership. Follow @YourCoverUK and the hashtag #GBWeekend to enter and find out more .
Secrets to a top weekend
Brits that enjoy their weekends put their secret down to being happy to spend time at home (36%) or planning ahead to make sure they have fun (29%).
Brits top weekend activities are:
- Relaxing at home (40%)
- Enjoying the countryside (23%)
- Watching TV (22%)
- Having a weekend break away (22%)
- Reading a book (21%)
- Simply tell me your favourite thing to do on the weekend to be in with a chance of winning £100 worth of days out vouchers from Allianz Your Cover Insurance on the baby budgeting site.Leave your answer in comments below.
- If you follow Allianz Your Cover Insurance on twitter @YourCoverUK and let me know you have done so in a separate comment I will give you 2 entries.
Terms and conditions can be found at Your Cover Insurance This comp will end on May 4th.